Monday, April 20, 2009

Greetings

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

This is Earl Austin Jr. and I guess you can say I am gradually making my way into the 21st century as this is my first time in the world of blogging. I've been covering sports for newspapers for 22 years, so I qualify for being a stick in the mud. But that is about to change. You can count on hearing from me on a daily basis on a myriad of topics in the sports world, particularly in the St. Louis area where I reside.
As many of you know, I wear several hats in the St. Louis sports media. I have been the sports editor of the St. Louis American for the past 15 years. I have also been the radio color commentator for the Saint Louis University basketball team for the past 18 years. In between, I have squeezed in a couple of books and a few basketball newsletters along the way.
I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this blogging stuff. I'll have three blogs going on a regular basis. On this blog, I'll be talking about everything from high school sports, basketball, recruiting, SLU basketball and whatever else may be on my mind on that day. My second blog (earlsbasketballhistory.blogspot.org) will be centered around high school basketball history in St. Louis, which is one of my favorite passions. This blog will give fans the opportunity to talk and reminisce about the good old days of St. Louis basketball. As many of you know,I wrote a book on on the history of the Public HIgh League and plan to write several more books on local prep basketball history in the future. I'll be popping in every day on that blog with a special memory of mine. I hope you will do the same.
My third blog (straitjacketparents.blogspot.com) is centered around another one of my favorite pastimes. Following the antics of the parents of our young athletes. I have an upcoming book that is dedicated to sports parents entitled, "You Might Need a Jacket: The Hilarious Stories of Youth Sports Parents." it contains nearly 200 stories about the crazy antics of our sports parents, which we call "Strait-Jacket Parents" It will be available later this summer. Stay tuned for more information as we start to promote this upcoming publication, which I think all of you will enjoy. On that blog, people will have the oppotunity to share their own stories and experiences with strait-jacket parents. I can't wait to hear them.
This is also you chance to tell me what's on your mind as well and share you views.
I look forward to exchanging posts and ideas from all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment